Dec 21, 2023
Choosing the Best Enrichment Programs
When school is out of session, many parents want a positive environment where their school-aged child can explore their interests and learn new things. So how do you choose the best enrichment program?
At KLA Schools, our after-school enrichment programs allow children to develop their inherent talents and reach their full potential by giving them opportunities to try new things. Here are some things to look for in the best enrichment programs for school-aged children.
Do the programs align with your child’s own interests and strengths?
- Are there opportunities for your child to explore new interests? Strong enrichment programs offer a variety of engaging activities and topics.
- Ask the teachers questions about why they developed the program, and determine if their qualifications meet with your expectations.
- The best enrichment programs are tailored to be developmentally age-appropriate so that children can get the most valuable educational experience. Look for a program with a small class size so that your child can get individualized attention from their teachers.
- Teachers should encourage and support student development with care and compassion.
- The environment should be one where children can learn core skills, but also where they can relax and have fun.
- A well-rounded enrichment program helps children express themselves, socialize, move, and learn in a wide variety of areas.
- Collaboration and cooperation should be at the core of the enrichment program – both between children and teachers, and the children themselves.
- Ensure that the environment is safe and secure.
- Empower your child to be involved in the decision-making process. It’s up to you to find the best enrichment programs, but your child’s interests, personality, and goals will be a good guide.
Nurturing your child’s talents and interests will support them to explore their full potential. Enrichment programs are a component of a well-rounded education.