Dec 05, 2018
The Importance of Playing
When children play, they learn about themselves and their surroundings while exploring and discovering about the world. Play is an essential part of every child’s life and it is vital for the enjoyment of childhood as well as social, emotional, intellectual and physical development.
These are some of the benefits children get from playing:
- Promotes their imagination, independence and creativity
- Increases their self-awareness and self-esteem
- Improves and maintains their physical and mental health
- Provides opportunities for developing social skills
- Helps children to build resilience through problem solving and to manage frustrations
- Increases attention, concentration and memory
- Promotes an ability to think with flexibility
All children should have time to play freely during their childhood because it is their right.
Is your child getting enough time for free playing?
Assistant Director of Professional Development